Regulations Open Extreme (Exceptions for „Neo Classics“ see III. b.)
- Frame (also special frames) presentation until 1985
- Frame and engine must not be of the same manufacturer
- engines up to year of appearance 1988 respectively of the same crank case features like role-model engine
- min. 4 cylinder, capacity fakultative
- no forced induction or injection allowed
- handle bar fakultative
- running gear like front fork, swinging arm, wheels and shock absorbers fakultative
- brakes fakultative (no compound material rotors allowed)
- tyre heaters allowed
- motorbikes or replicas based upon role-models with a half- or full fairings: only half fairings allowed (2/3 of the engine must be visible all around.
- all other motorbikes have to be naked, equipped with a number plate, measurements like Division AMA Legends
- Number plates in this division are white with red characters
III.b. Neo Classics:
- In addition to the regulations stated above the following motorbikes are permitted to start in the Division Open Extreme:
a) Suzuki: Bandit, Inazuma,
b) Honda: CB 1000 Big one, CB 1300,
c) Yamaha: XJR 1200 / 1300,
d) Kawasaki: Zephyr, ZRX 1100 / 1200
- Irrespective of the manufacturer the “Neo Classics” without excepton have to be the double cradle steel framed, carburettor aspirated 4-cylinder engined models of the respective model range. Max. bikini fairing allowed if original
- Running gear like front fork, swinging arm, wheels and shock absorbers fakultative
- Brakes fakultative (no compound material rotors allowed)
- Tyre heaters allowed
- Superbike-style, one-piece handle bar, mounted onto the upper yoke. In case the role-model had two-piece bars, such bars are allowed with the bar endings positioned at least 50 mm above the upper yoke.
- As a single case decision based on a request in writing the fairplay committee can give permission to motorbikes other than named above. A decision has to be made with a majority of 3/4 of the votes.
- However, the motorbike in question has to be stringently a naked bike or retro style full production-run vehicle.
Double cradle steel frame, matching Japanese 4- or 6-cylinder engine and max. bikini fairing allowed.
- The decision achieved by the committee is mandatory for the respectively running season.
- In case of denial the applicant can place another request only for the following year. In this case the decision will be arrived by simple majority on the AGM.